And our final evening in London draws to a close. Time for some last minute sightseeing/shopping/wandering…
No words, just pics…
It’s late, we’ve been walking for forever, and we’ve adopted Miss Robertson and her fluorescent pink hat… (Memo to self, get a fluorescent pink hat for future trips. Makes it much easier to see someone!)
Anyway, today was the British Board of Film Classification, Covent Garden, London Film Museum and James Bond cars, pizza and the cinema in Leicester Square… here’s the evidence!
Delighted to report that we have arrived safely and are settling down after a long day.
Lots of highlights, lots of laughs, and lots of walking. Here’re some photos from Day One. Only a couple have captions at the moment, and these are all low resolution versions. I’ll post better quality ones once I get some decently fast WiFi… but for now, it’s time for some well deserved sleep in preparation for a day at the BBFC, Covent Garden (“C’mon the Apple Store!”), and a film in Leicester Square…
Just a few thoughts…
- PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE… hand your final consent form in to the school office tomorrow! I need to have them photocopied so I can leave one in the school and take a copy with me. I really, really, really must have this tomorrow…
- We are meeting at Perth Station at 9:30am on Thursday morning. The train leaves at 9:57, and I need to make sure we are all there in plenty of time! (Humour me, I’m getting on a bit!)
- Bring food for the journey. Yes, you can buy snacks and drinks on the train, but I thought you might like to arrive in London with some spending money left. 🙂
- PACK A TOWEL! (Thanks to my class for spotting this!) You can hire a towel from the hotel, but as with journey food, why spend money you don’t have to!
- Do you all need to bring a hair dryer? (Just saying…) I don’t need a hair dryer, just some polish… you might want to sort out sharing.
- Don’t forget cameras and chargers and memory cards!
- Cinema tickets for Friday are looking as though they will be about £15. Blimey Charley… they’re not scared, are they! Possible films to see include Kingsman, Interstellar, or Predestination. We can discuss this on the train.
The Selfie Game will be played by all… including me. Points awarded as follows:
- Celebrity in the background = 1 point
- Standing beside a celebrity = 3 points
- Hugging/kissing a celebrity = 5 points
- Getting celebrity to sing the chorus of Teenage Dirtbag = 10 points (NB: This needs to be filmed!)
- Selfie with Mark Kermode/Simon Mayo = 20 points (and a bonus prize to be decided by Mr W)
- Penalty warning: Internet celebrities (i.e.: If you have to explain who he/she/it is) will incur a 2 point deduction!
- Must be real person… sneaking into Madam Tussauds will lead to instant disqualification!
We are going to have fun, and to learn a little more about films and film making. I don’t have to remind you that you are ambassadors for yourselves, do I? 😉
I’ll post any more thoughts as they occur… or feel free to ask questions by leaving a comment.
Just a quick note that the London Itinerary page has been updated. (Only mentioning it as I don’t think you get notifications when I update the pages on the blog.) Here’s the link: https://highermediastudies.wordpress.com/london/london-itinerary/
PS: MEETING NEXT THURSDAY AT 1:30 IN 4.2. Really important that everyone is there as there will be a form to hand out/return!
The first draft of the Itinerary for London is now online: https://highermediastudies.wordpress.com/london/london-itinerary/
There’s a wee update to the London page. Nothing too urgent unless you have any special dietary requirements.