As mentioned, you will be filming your ‘scene-stealers‘ (and mahoosive thanks to Ms Lynch of Blairgowrie HS for sharing the idea!) so you’d better be prepared/ready… here’s how:
- Choose a scene from a film you will recreate…
- Find the script (10 Great Websites to Download Movie Scripts) or transcribe the scene/sequence you have chosen
- Look closely at the use of cameras (shots, angles, motion), and also any deliberate lighting effects
- Storyboard your own version
- Film (you can use your phone(s)/Eng. Dept. iPads/DSLR), but don’t get too hung up on the quality at the moment… it is recreating the shots that is the focus
- Edit (using any software you can get access to, like Windows Movie Maker in school, or YouTube editor online)
- Get ready for the premiere!
We’ll be working on 1, 2 and 3 in class on Monday, but you can jump straight to 4/5 if you do some preparation between now and then. 🙂
As ever, leave a comment if you have any questions.