You are capable of making intelligent and evidence based points on all of the following (I know, I’ve seen your notes!), so just bear these in mind.
The first two (Content-based key aspect analysis and Context-based analysis) are directly addressed when you are answering Question 1 about The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (dir: Stephan Elliott, Australia, 1994) (PQD), while the third one is (obviously) addressed in the Role of Media question, Q2.
From the SQA Marking Guidelines:
Content-based key aspect analysis
- Categories: genre, purpose, tone, style
- Language: medium/form-specific technical codes, cultural codes, anchorage
- Narrative: structures, codes, conventions
- Representation: representations, selection and portrayal, ideological discourses
- Audience: target audience, preferred reading, differential decoding, mode of address
- Institution: internal controls and constraints, external controls and constraints
- Society: time, place
Role of media analysis
- Meeting needs: entertain, educate, inform
- Influencing attitudes and behaviours: intentional, unintentional
- Meeting particular purposes: profit, promotion, public service
Feel free to ask for reminders about any of these. 🙂